Week 6: Living With One Another In Understanding Ways
May 24, 2020
Here’s a few post-service discussion questions to think and pray through. Grab a cup of joe and discuss with your spouse, your friends, your community group, your parents, your neighbors….really anyone! Just do it virtually for now. We’ll be all together soon enough!
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “submit”? Does it have a positive or negative connotation for you? Explain.
- Peter talks about government, workplace, and marriage as 3 environments where we are called to submit. Which one of these is most difficult for you? Explain (careful if your spouse is in the room!).
- Why do you think submission has been taken out of context (even in Christian circles)?
- Where have you seen examples of submission that have been positive and Christ-honoring?
- Is there any part of your thinking that needs to be challenged or explored when it comes to submission?