The Advantage: Week 4
Here’s a few post-service discussion questions to think and pray through. Grab a cup of joe and discuss with your spouse, your friends, your community group, your parents, your neighbors….really anyone! Just do it virtually or socially distant for now. We’ll be all together soon enough!
As you process this week’s sermon invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you about how to respond to the opportunities you see to share with someone about your relationship to God through Jesus.
Here are some questions to ponder and discuss:
- Have you ever felt like the Spirit of God was calling, or motivating you to do something?
- What has held you back from acting on that that prompting?
- Have you ever considered sharing your story of Jesus with someone else?
- In the face of fears, and inadequacies how should the reality that the Spirit is with us shape our willingness to share our testimony of Jesus?
Spend a few moments looking up and reading these truths.
- He convicts the world of sin. Jn 16:8
- He gives us the words. Jn.14:26
- He empowers our testimony. Acts 1:8
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – Jesus in John 16:33
In the face of my greatest fears, and high cost, I am called to be bold, to be a blessing, and to be a witness to the world with the good news of Jesus.
“Nothing shuts the mouth, seals the lips, and ties the tongue, of the Christian, like the secret poverty of our own spiritual experience. We do not bear witness for the simple reason that we have no witness to bear…If the Bread of Life has evidently not satisfied us, why should non-Christians suppose it will satisfy them?” – John Stott