Dates: July 3-10, 2020
Cost: approximately $1600 per person
A team of 10-12 people from Crossroads Church will travel to Guatemala City, Guatemala to continue partnering with Pastor Jorge Hernandez and his church, Tesoros de Gracia, in Zone 7, Sakerti. Pastor “G” (as he is lovingly called) is a dynamic pastor with great vision to reach every man, woman, and child in Guatemala. We are going with the purpose to support and encourage Pastor G and the believers at Tesoros in further gospel engagement in their community and beyond.
Although specific ministry details are to be determined, some of the potential types of ministry for this team include:
- Engaging in current children’s clubs (VBS) and outreach programs
- Prayer ministry through home visits, Bible studies, and community prayer walks
- Work projects (painting, light construction)
- Soccer ministry
- Teaching and preaching
- Facilitating community outreach through family fun day for the church’s daycare/preschool
Team accommodations will be at Emaus House – Semilla. www.semilla.org.gt
Emaus House is located in a gated community of the city. The accommodations are simple but comfortable with electricity, hot water, and WiFi.
By signing and submitting this application, I commit to:
- Attend all team meetings (last Sunday of EVERY month from January 2020 – June 2020), including a team retreat weekend (either last weekend of March or April) and a team report to the church in the fall of 2020.
- Assist in the recruiting of the following year’s team primarily through a church wide report of our trip and through sharing stories from your time in Guatemala.
- Prepare your testimony to share in Guatemala (team leadership will guide and coach).
- Meet with a mentor at least 4 times before and 2 times shortly after our trip (if there is a mentor currently in your life you may of course use them).
- Participate in fundraising, including
but not limited to:
- Send at least 25 support letters to friends and family.
- Team fundraiser events (to be determined)
- Total cost of trip per individual will be due by June 15, 2020. Any balance of funds not raised through individual and team effort will be due by the individual at that time.
- Obtain a passport by April 1, 2020.
- Obtain any recommended vaccinations from doctor and CDC.
- Maintain a spirit of team unity, following the leadership God has put in place for this trip.
Prayerfully walk with Christ in preparation for this trip.